Monday, April 13, 2015

#MotivationMonday - Isa Hoes

#Motivation Monday

From now on, Motivation Monday is a thing on my blog! Every other Monday I’ll have (or I will try to have, don’t pin me down on this) a person that is a personal motivation to me that I will share with you. These can be other bloggers, Instagram-users, people I know personally,  celebrities, Dutch or international… It doesn’t matter, as long as they are motivating me in some way.

Today I kick #MotivationMonday off with a Dutch actress, Isa Hoes. I personally met her a few weeks ago and that evening inspired me so much that I’d like to talk to you guys about her, even though she is Dutch. She became famous here about 20 years ago when she played a role in the first Dutch soap, Goede Tijden Slechte Tijden. She met her husband here, Antonie Kamerling. After this she did a lot of tv series, plays and other works. She also got two children with her husband. Almost 5 years ago, Antonie decided to take his own life. After a while she wrote a book about her life with him, which, surprisingly, is more of a love story between two people that love each other rather than about the depression itself. That is one of the reasons why the book hit me so hard. You know how it ends, you know what will happen and during the book all you can think is “Please let it end differently, these two people love each other so much..”

A few weeks ago I went to the book signing/ book reading of this book. When Isa entered the room, the room filled itself with positivity and energy. There was something about her, that inspired me the moment she walked in. The way she stands in life, her positivity, her energy that just screams she tries to make the best out of life, inspires me. It makes me want to enjoy life like that too, to search for all the beautiful things in life and enjoy them to the fullest. This is still one of my weaknesses, I tend to let my stress and failures take over from all the beauties in life. This is also the case in fitness & health – I tend to let every failure, every binge eating and things like that take over and then I get so mad at myself that I stop all the good things I do. Right now I have a picture frame with the picture of us in my room with the text “Have a beautiful day” to remind myself that there are so many beautiful things in life and that, like her, I should choose to see the beauty of it every single day.

Do you guys have any motivating people in your life? Let me know in the comments below or Instagram me with #Iris2point0 or tag me with @iris2.0. I love to get inspired!
Lovelovelove,

Iris

Ps. Another reason for her to be motivation? That body, at her age... Just wow! Definitely motivation there!
Pps. Want to see her? Her movie, De Ontsnapping, will be in the Dutch cinema's at the end of April. I already saw the movie and it is a-ma-zing! Go see it!

1 comment:

  1. Wat leuk dat je Isa ontmoet hebt! De kader met de foto van jullie ontmoeting is zo mooi ook :)

    ReplyDelete