Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Healthy Breakfast Cheesecake

Hi there beauties!

Oh my gosh you guys, this morning was such a good morning. And not because my whole morning was spend studying (so not cool, school, so not cool) but because I got the best breakfast ever. That's right, you heard me. Best. Breakfast. Ever. And easy too! Best thing about it? I didn't have to feel guilty at all! It was basically what I always eat for breakfast, but then shaped as a piece of pie. Because I am not a mean person (and basically because this recipe is based on someone else's recipe, search for the user fitgirl.lau on instagram for the original one) I am sharing it with you guys! Get ready for deliciousness.

You will need:
- Half a banana (you can use the other half for the topping)
- 45 grams of oatmeal
- 50 ml of water
- 500 grams of quark
- 1 scoop of whey. This is mostly to make it more sweet and to give it some flavour, this probably can be replaced by some sugar or sugar replacement and something with flavour
- 3 sheets of gelatin
- Toppings

How to make it? Pre-heat the oven on 180 degrees. Mash half a banana and add 45 grams of oatmeal and 50 ml water. Mix this together, put it in a baking mold (I used one which was about 20 cm big) and bake in an oven for about 10 minutes. Now prepare the gelatin using the instructions on the package and mix this with the quark and whey. When the bottom part comes out of the oven you can place this mixture on top of it, add some toppings of your choice and put it in the fridge for a night or day. Trust me, you will never want another breakfast. I know I have been looking forward to breakfast tomorrow ever since breakfast today ended. 

Usually I eat about 150 grams of quark with 10 grams of oats and some toppings. I took 1/4th piece of this cheesecake for breakfast this morning, which means I had about 125 grams of quark, 11 grams of oats, 1/4th scoop of whey and 1/4th banana for breakfast. You see how little difference there is, while this breakfast feels like such a party? And the beauty is, you can make so many different variations! I used a banana whey and topped it with banana and forest fruits, but imagine the variations.. I know I can't wait to try them out! Please let me know if you baked them (in the comments, tag me on instagram with (iris2.0) or use the hashtag #iris2point0) and please, enjoy!

Lovelovelove,
Iris


2 comments:

  1. Ziet er echt heerlijk uit! Ik ga deze snel eens moeten uitproberen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ik ben benieuwd wat je er van vindt! Laat me weten :)

      Delete